Click here to watch and learn how use the magazine you already paid for.The December 15 issue of Booklist will be our second annual Starred Reviews issue, collecting all the adult and youth titles published in 2018 that received the coveted Booklist star. How can you make the best use of this remarkable resource in your library or school besides filling in collection gaps? Join Erin Downey Howerton, Children’s Manager at the Wichita Public Library, for a star-spangled list of ways the Booklist Starred Reviews issue can help with fundraising, displays, programming, book groups, community engagement, and more. As a special thank-you to webinar attendees, all registrants will receive a digital copy of Booklist’s December 15, 2018 Starred Reviews issue!
I also wanted to use the publication of this issue to point out the 6 horror titles, 1 collection of speculative stories, and 1 science fiction novel which I gave a star to that appear in this issue. The links lead to my review here on the blog too:
- Bash Bash Revolution by Douglas Lain
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- Clickers Forever: A Tribute to J.F. Gonzales edited by Brian Keene
- The Listener by Robert McCammon
- The People's Republic of Everything by Nick Mamatas
- Unbury Carol by Josh Malerman
- We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix
- Widow's Point by Richard and Billy Chizmar
However, no matter what area you purchase for or help patrons with, there is much you can use the Star Review Issue for. Again watch the 22 minute webinar which breaks it down, and put the dollars you have already spent to work for you.