RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Follow PLA 2020 and RA for All Schedule

PLA begins today in Nashville and starting tomorrow I will be there too.

But even if you are #PLALeftBehind, many attendees, myself included, will be Tweeting about the conference using #PLA2020.

Click this link at anytime, whether you have a Twitter account or not, in order to see what is going on. I was not there last time in 2018 [due to a family trip that overlapped, not the snow] and I spent a lot of time using that conference's hashtag to stay in the loop. I took quite a bit away from that conference and managed to communicate with a few new people I didn't know, all from Twitter. Do not under estimate how much you can learn from afar.

Also, those of you who are there in Nashville, you cannot be everywhere. Even attendees can learn from the sessions and meetings they are NOT at by checking in with #PLA2020 periodically.

Now as I said, I will be there Thursday- Saturday myself, so let me give you a sense of what to expect here on the blog during that time.

Thursday, I have a post all set to run about Unboxing videos.

Friday, a Women in Horror Month interview I did with the venerable horror magazine, Cemetery Dance, will run on their site and on both blogs.

Monday, sign-up for HWA's Librarians' Day will go live at 9am central and I will have a post about it. [Click here for the EventBrite link to preview the event.]

That means that my PLA recap posts will not start being posted until Tuesday [at the earliest].

However, while I am at PLA, I will be tweeting regularly and using #PLA2020. When I am in a session, I tweet the entire session as one thread so that it is easier for me to pull up the notes for each session at once.  So, if you want a sneak peek as to the recap I will be posting later next week, use the hashtag over the next few days. But when I post the summaries on the blog, I will have direct links to each thread of my notes and some commentary on overall thoughts.

And with that, this post goes back to its beginning, so I think it is. time for me to go. See some of you in Nashville, in person, soon.

No comments: