RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, January 7, 2021

What I'm Reading: Library Journal January 2021 Review Column

And just like that, I blinked and so begins year two of my Library Journal Horror Review Column. While some things seemed to take forever in 2020, covering horror with the first ever review column dedicated to the genre flew by. I love the serendipity of seeing what Booklist sends me [in fact, without it, there are amazing titles I would miss on my own], but being able to craft an entire column four times a year has been even better than I thought, both in terms of the joy it bring me, but also from a professional standpoint.

This column is a great example. To start the new year, I focused on small presses. It took more work on my part to gather the titles in time, as most smaller presses do not have things ready as far advanced as I would need them, but everyone worked together to pull this off, even the magazine itself who needed artwork and publishing info that was being finalized as we were going to print. The result is a great set of 8 titles for you to add to your collections this quarter.

Also head on over the the horror blog today to enter yourself into a giveaway for an advanced paperback of one of the star reviewed titles.

Below are the links to my reviews appearing in the January 2021 Library Journal Horror Review column with my three words added. They are all also in the Horror Review Index and on Goodreads.


There were three starred reviews:
And five glowing reviews of titles you also should purchase:

*Giveaway planned on RA for All: Horror.

No comments: