RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, September 17, 2021

RA for All Virtual Roadshow Visits Aurora, IL Today and PLA News

This morning I am giving the keynote address at the staff day of the Aurora Public Library District. I am very excited they invited me, not only because Aurora is the second largest city in Illinois, but also because it is the hometown library of my husband who is proud to have grown up walking distance from the West Branch.

Today I have 90 minutes to present Actively Anti-Racist Service to Leisure Readers. This is one of my appearances without Robin, but as always, her thoughts will be scattered throughout. In this case, I can be a little less specific too because Robin and I are appearing together at the Illinois Library Association Annual Conference in 2 back-to-back sessions- 1 hour of lecture and 1 hour of live q and a. So all of these employees can access the more in-depth version next month.

Back to today. Today, I will spend about 1 hour on the presentation and then we have 30 minutes for questions. I love when there is time for questions because this is where the real learning happens, but also, Robin and I learn the most about what you need from us in these trainings going forward when you ask questions.

Whether we present together or alone, we both report back to each other on what we have heard from you. I also know it can take courage to ask some of the hard questions in front of your co-workers, and for this reason, we both take questions for free at any time, from anyone, but we do prioritize those questions from places where we have presented. 

Click here for slide access to today's program.

I also wanted to share some BIG news with everyone. Robin and I submitted our Actively Anti-Racist Service to Leisure Readers training to PLA for one of their 3 hour pre-conference sessions on March 22, 2022. We also asked our friend and colleague Alene Moroni from the Forbes Library [MA] to share her experience putting anti-racist measures into real action at her library. I will also be inviting a BIPOC Horror author to appear with us. This means we will have a fully interactive, 3 hour discussion with those of you who join us in person [for now] in Portland.

I am excited to add more content to what Robin and I already offer. Look for information about the PLA Conference coming soon. For now though, you can click here or on the image below to access the website.



No comments: