RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

RA for All Virtual Roadshow Visits South Central [WI] Library System

I am in the middle of a three month training contract with my neighbors just to the North. Here is the info from my Recent and Upcoming Presentations Page:

  • South Central [WI] Library System: 3 Months of Virtual Training
    • RA for All: Flip the Script and Think Like a Reader 
    • Booktalking Your Way to the Friendliest Library in Town
    • Demystifying Genre
      • Tuesday, July 12, 2022 from 1-2:30 Central
      • Slide access here
As I mentioned a few months ago, I am not posting every virtual presentation that I am giving these days for a variety of reasons, but the top 2 are that one, since 2020 my volume has increased. If I posted every time I was presenting a training program, I would have very little blog space for content. And two, which is related, because I am giving presentations so often, the changes program to program are subtle. If you want to see every presentation though, the slides are always on the Recent and Upcoming Presentations page here-- past 6 months and the current schedule for future, although there are a few in process events not on there yet.

But, when I am involved in a multi-month program, I like to point it out on the blog because it is a great example of how I can provide affordable training to larger groups with a program that builds over the course of the contract. In this case, the client [SCLS] got a repeat customer discount and a multi-month booking discount. The programs can be recorded for their library workers and the training is free to them whether live or recorded. So it is really an on-demand training option. I do exercises during each program
AND offer things that you can do after-- and they are accessible with the recording.

Take a look at the Recent and Upcoming Presentations page for other examples of the multi-month training programs I have offered to a couple of systems this year. If you want to book me virtually for this year, there is still time. Contact me, but I would get on it before ALA Annual because after that conference, I know I will have many more interested libraries asking for training.

Finally, I also wanted to point out today's Booktalking Program in particular because this is one of my programs that has had a complete overhaul this year. There is a lot there to help everyone reading this, even if you do not hear me give the talk. I have made the slides as an outline of the major points I am focusing on while also linking you to more on many of the topics by me as well.

Click through to learn all about how easy it is to share books with your patrons from every position at the public library-- literally every. Those of you who have seen this program know that I have a real life example of a janitor who became the best book-talker at a library.

Back tomorrow with a VERY EXCITING LibraryReads list. Seriously. It is awesome.

No comments: