RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Listen to Me and Emily Hughes Discuss Upcoming Horror on ARC Party with Robb Olson


A few months ago I sent an email to two of my friends, who didn't know each other personally, but were aware of one and other professionally, to propose a fun project-- do a podcast talking about the Horror books we were most excited about for 2024.

Those friends were Emily Hughes, the creator and editor of all of our favorite list of upcoming Horror books, and Robb Olson, podcaster extraordinaire who currently does The ARC Party, a podcast focused on pre-pub books.

Emily was putting the finishing touches on the 2024 list and I thought, wouldn't it be fun to do a podcast where we talked about the books we were most excited about for 2024, and Robb's podcast seemed like the perfect fit.

Well, we did it. We recorded in late December, and decided to do the first 6 months of the year with each of us picking 2 books per month. If you all like it, we can do it again in June for the rest of the year.

Here is the link to listen. Let me know what you think.

It's long, so you might need to listen over a few sittings, but Robb made it all super easy on his substack for you to use this one link and preorder any or all of the books we discuss from Bookshop.org.

We had a lot of fun and managed to cover a wide range of books. Even if you don't order for your library, I suggest listening so you can hear us talk about books to get a sense of what is coming out soon.

And bonus, if you watch the video version on YouTube, you can see a sneak peek of my new office without the bookcase behind me. That is coming by the end of the month. 

Over on the Horror blog today, I will have a giveaway of one of the books I discussed on this podcast, the one I had to call dibs on first to beat Robb to it. 

No comments: