RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July Book Display Ideas from Lila Denning w/ Bonus Info on Olympics Displays from Me

Friend of RA for All, Lila Denning, has her monthly book display ideas for July post up on her blog here.

What I love about her monthly posts is that they are both broad and specific. So there are ideas for displays that are target to a specific event or date AND those that are more general. For example in this month's post: books specifically to celebrate World UFO Day (today) AND books about bicycles and motorcycles in general which are popular in the summer.

To her list I would also add display ideas about the Olympics, sports (especially those that are only popular during the olympics)-- both fiction and nonfiction-- and books about Paris. The Olympics is at the end of July and into August so it will make a nice month straddling display.

Interestingly, I saw an uptick in my own blog stats with a bunch of views of my 2016 post about Olympic displays. Clearly library workers are running searches for these types of posts now. That post is old but the advice is still useful.

In general though, Lila's blog is my go-to resource for display ideas when I need them. And her backlist of suggestions and posts are evergreen as well.

No comments: