I am happy to report that starting right this minute (10am Eastern, August 21, 2026), 11 months after the release of Why I Love Horror: Essays on Horror Literature edited by me, the Lividian Publications GORGEOUS special edition is now available for purchase/preorder on their site.
From the publisher's announcement:
Lividian Publications is proud to be publishing a deluxe signed and slipcased Limited Edition
hardcover of Why I Love Horror: Essays on Horror Literature edited by Becky Siegel Spratford, the most recent Bram Stoker Award winner for Superior Achievement in Long Non-Fiction.
We don’t publish nonfiction often, but this is exactly the kind of special project that deserves a Limited Edition. Becky Siegel Spratford gathered an incredible group for this insightful look into why horror matters: Grady Hendrix, Paul Tremblay, Stephen Graham Jones, Tananarive Due, Victor LaValle, Alma Katsu, Rachel Harrison, Gabino Iglesias, Brian Keene, John Langan, and so many other terrific writers.
This special edition includes exclusive full-color wrap-around dust jacket artwork by François Vaillancourt, along with our signature slipcase design with the custom die-cut window, making this production a true work of art.
Retail Price: $125
Publication Date: December 2026
Page Count: 248 pages
Status: Forthcoming
Deluxe Production Features:
• Full-color wrap-around artwork by François Vaillancourt
• Offset printed on an acid-free archival quality paper stock
• A fine cloth binding
• Hot foil stamping on the front cover and spine
• Smyth-sewn to create a more durable binding
• Twine head and tail bands
• High-quality endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Custom-made slipcase stamped with hot foil and featuring a unique die-cut window
• Limited to 600 copies signed by Becky Siegel Spratford and François Vaillancourt
About the Book:
For twenty-five years, Becky Siegel Spratford has worked as a librarian in Reader Advisory,
training library workers all over the world on how to engage their patrons and readers, and to use her place as a horror expert and critic to get the word out to others; to bring even more readers into the horror fold.
Why I Love Horror is a love letter to the horror genre from many of the most influential and
bestselling authors in the industry. A captivating anthology and heartfelt tribute to the horror
genre featuring essays from several of the most celebrated contemporary horror writers
including, Grady Hendrix, Paul Tremblay, Stephen Graham Jones, Josh Malerman, Victor
LaValle, Tananarive Due, and Rachel Harrison.
For devoted horror readers, Why I Love Horror is a celebration of the books, fears, monsters, and midnight obsessions that shaped them. For the horror-curious, this very special edition is an open door into the genre’s bloody, beating heart, guided by the writers who know exactly why we keep coming back to the dark.
Table of Contents:
"Introduction" by Sadie Hartmann
"Why Ask Why" by Becky Siegel Spratford
"Brian Keene’s Giant-Size Man-Thing" by Brian Keene
"The Giant Footprint of Horror" by Hailey Piper
"In the Bermuda Triangle with Sasquatch, Flesh Smoldering" by John Langan
"What You Can Learn from Horror: Don’t Run from Darkness; It’s Trying to Teach You a
Lesson" by Alma Katsu
"Horror Is Life: A Blood-Soaked Love Letter" by Gabino Iglesias
"My Long Road to Horror" by Tananarive Due
"Monster Girl: How Horror Gave Me a Place to Belong" by Jennifer McMahon
"On the Amtrak, Heading Home" by Josh Malerman
"Why Horror?" by Paul Tremblay (Drawings by Emma Tremblay)
"Why I Love Horror" by Grady Hendrix
"My Mother Was Margaret White" by Cynthia Pelayo
"Why I Am Horror" by Clay McLeod Chapman
"A Day in My Psychedelic World" by Nuzo Onoh
"Permission to Scream" by Rachel Harrison
"Horror Saved My Life" by Victor LaValle
"Tales from My Crypt" by Mary SanGiovanni
"Of Men and Monsters" by David Demchuk
"Why Horror" by Stephen Graham Jones
About the Authors
Acknowledgments
I have known about this special edition since before Why I Love Horror was released by Saga Press and that is thanks to my agent Lane Heymont who made this opportunity happen and Joe Monti and Saga who agreed to license the content to them.
This book is gorgeous and I am so proud to have a special edition of anything I have written available.
Please see the Lividian Publications site for details on how one of these 600 books could be yours!
Photos provided by the publisher below.






No comments:
Post a Comment