I have a quick but important post to close out the week. While I was on the East Coast for family stuff, ALA's Office of Intellectual Freedom (OIF) released detailed reports on censorship in both public and school libraries throughout 2025. These have additional information from the more general reports that were prepared for other media events.
I missed the initial announcement of these "Let Books Be" overviews, and I did not want you to miss them as a result.
Please head over to their blog to access these reports for free.
These reports mix narrative with infographics and links. And I really appreciate the differentiation between school and public libraries. Yes, some of the info is the same, but some is not and that matters.
Please take a look and use some of the information here to educate your patrons. And stay on top of censorship issues by following Kelly Jensen's detailed coverage on censorship and literary activism over on Book Riot.
Click here or on the images below to see more.






No comments:
Post a Comment