RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement and info about WHY I LOVE HORROR.

Thursday, August 27, 2026

RA for All Off Until 9/8 BUT I Am Leaving You With a Project

I am taking time off from blogging for vacation through Labor Day. I will be back on Tuesday 9/8. While I am gone, you should browse the archives. I have 19 years of posts, information, and rants for you to peruse. Everything is tagged and easy to access. Have some fun.

But that is not all. While I am gone, I would love you to explore the work author Debbie Ridpath Ohi is doing to help amplify the work we do getting good reads into patrons' hands. She has started a blog entitled, How Readers Find Books. This is a place for all books for all levels of readers.

I have invited Debbie Ridpath Ohi to explain the initiative to all of you directly. Consider giving it a try. Details below.

I'll see you all back here on 9/8, after the Labor Day Holiday.


Cartoon illustration of a woman with glasses holding an open book and a sign reading “Librarians needed!” Her shirt reads “RA for ALL. Art by Debbie Ridpath Ohi”

Calling all librarians!

Hello! I'm Debbie Ridpath Ohi, children's book author and illustrator of Where Are My Books? and I Want To Read ALL The Books, among others. I'm currently working on a spooky middle grade novel involving Japanese yokai.

But I am coming to you today for my newest venture. I have launched a new book blog called How Readers Find Books.

Goals of this book blog include:

1) Help show readers find new ways to discover books to read.

2) Help boost the book boosters, like librarians and book bloggers.

3) Boost books.

I am actively seeking librarians and other book boosters to contribute one guest post that consists of:

  • A book cover image of a book you enjoyed reading and that isn't your own.

  • Book info (title, author, illustrator, cover designer, publisher, link to publisher book page, etc). 

  • A paragraph about why you liked the book.

  • A paragraph about how you discovered the book. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE POST. Hoping your paragraph isn't just "I saw the title in the NY Times bestseller list" or "a friend of mine wrote it" but includes info that helps others re: book discovery.

  • A paragraph about yourself (and I encourage you to include a link to your own book blog, etc). Please don't make this paragraph longer than your "how I discovered the book" paragraph.

I will set up a template post for you -- all you have to do is type in the content. 

I am looking for books for all level of readers.

At present, however, I'm only seeking contributors who have an Atmosphere account like Bluesky or Pckt. Main reason for this request is because I lack the time for a regular blog these days, and using Leaflet as my main blogging platform makes it much easier. You can see my other Atmosphere blogs at https://debbieohi.com/links/.


I have provided direct access to example posts for this project:


As We Fall Through Time, discovered by librarian Peter Musser.


This Could All Go Bad (https://books.leaflet.pub/3msjg2idyp22n), discovered by educator and book blogger, Ms. Yingling.


If you’re interested, you can find more details as well as how to contact me here.


Thank you to Becky and RA For All for the opportunity to connect with all of you directly.



No comments: