RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement and info about WHY I LOVE HORROR.

Tuesday, August 4, 2026

What I'm Reading: Audiobook Reviews Round-Up

I talk about this in my training programs, but don't say it enough here, because I read and review books for my job it is not only hard to make time to read for fun, but also, and this is even more difficult, it is very hard to train my brain to just sit back and enjoy a story and not try to critique it as a professional reviewer.

Over the years I have worked very hard to figure out how to still enjoy reading. I have chronicled that journey for years through my Reading Resolutions post. If you want to read those, check out my first 2 posts of every year my using the drop down menus in the right gutter toward the bottom of every page.

But for those who want the short version, what I have learned is, if I listen to the books I want to read for fun my brain understands this. It doesn't try to be a critic. Reading with my ears is the trick my brain needs to enjoy a leisure read.

After I finish these audiobooks, I take notes in Goodreads. I do not write long formal reviews, but I do assign these titles 3 words. 

Today, I want to catch up with four audiobooks I have enjoyed recently by making them searchable here on the blog. I have listed them in the order in which I read them.

  • Yesteryear by Caro Claire Burke
    • Three Words That Describe This Book: Trad Wife Trope, satire, thriller frame
  • We Burned So Bright by TJ Klune
    • Three Words That Describe This Book: end of the world, character centered, heartbreakingly beautiful
  • Vigil by George Saunders
    • Three Words That Describe This Book: full cast audio, gripping, contemplation of what it means to live a life
  • The Ending Writes Itself by Evelyn Clarke
    • Three Words That Describe This Book: book about publishing industry, intricately plotted mystery, multiple points of view

No comments: