Lots of updates today on ways you can see me and get great for Spooky Season to begin in earnest.
First a reminder, you can still order a copy of the special edition of WHY I LOVE HORROR from Lividian here.
The book is pennies away from earning out its advance after less than a year which I am so thankful to all of you for. Thank you for buying WHY I LOVE HORROR and adding it to your collections. I am blown away by the support. I know that Saga is printing a new edition with the Bram Stoker Award Winner badge on it and at the end of October, it is up for a World Fantasy award as well. Along with the Locus Award nomination, that is three major awards singling out this book, and that is way beyond my wildest dreams for this book.
I have also already started a mini tour this year. You can go to the page I have set up to see my appearances schedule.
But I did want to highlight my trip to NYC coming October 5th through 8th.
If you are in the NYC area, I will be making multiple appearances and visiting some of the publisher offices.
First, I will be attending this event on 10/5 in support of Creature Publishing:Monday Oct 5th, 20267:00 PM-9:30 PMOffsite EventsQED Astoria, 27-16 23rd Ave, Astoria NY 11105Join the Astoria Bookshop and Creature Publishing for A MONDAY NIGHT CREATURE FEATURE, highlighting the best in intersectional feminist horror and indie publishing at QED ASTORIA. Find out your witch's Dirty name, build a body-horror friend to love, win a prize in our costume contest, and more!
Stoker Award-winner (and future Creature author) RJ Joseph will emcee the evening, presiding over horror-fied games and conversation with an absolutely killer lineup of Your Favorite Horror Writers’ Favorite Horror Writers:
- Lauren T. Davila (The Patron Saint of White Menageries)
- Gwendolyn Kiste (In These Gilded, Ghostly Hearts)
- Brenda LaTorre (Bruja's Nest)
- Saskia Nislow (Root Rot)
- Meg Ripley (Woodfeast)
$15 Ticket Purchase is Required -- click here to book directly w/ QED (includes a complimentary drink)
I am very excited to get to meet Brenda LaTorre in person as she is my featured interview in the October issue of LJ.
Next up, I am back at NYPL to help them unveil their 2026 Best Horror List. This event is not on their website yet but I can confirm that I will be moderating a conversation with some of the authors whose books are appearing on this year's best list on Tuesday, October 6th at 6pm at the 53rd Street Library (right near MOMA). We will have conversation, a special musical performance, and The Twisted Spine will be selling books by the authors and Why I Love Horror. There will be a signing as well.
Speaking of The Twisted Spine, on Thursday, October 8th, I will be there in conversation with Cassandra Khaw for the release of their new book, Find Me Where It Ends (which I reviewed for the October issue of LJ. Spoiler alert, I loved it and it is brilliant). Click here to register. There is a minimum cost to come but you will be supporting one of my favorite bookstores and Lauren and Jason, the owners are also awesome humans.
Between those 3 NYC events, I hope to see many of you there. If you can only come to the Creature event 10/5 but you bring one of my books, I will sign it for you.
I will be at Danville (IL) public library next week with Grady Hendrix if you are closer to that event. There is no preregistration for this event. Details are on my appearance page or here. Last week, Paul Tremblay and I had a great time meeting everyone at Springfield-Greene County (MO) library as well.
And if you can't make some of my in person appearances, I will be doing a few virtual events that are open to everyone. Click here to see them on my appearance page including a virtual appearance 2 weeks from today. Spots limited to 100 people online.
And then, the biggest news of all-- it's almost time for 31 Days of Horror over on the other blog! I have a great collection of Why I Love Horror blog contributors lined up, an indie publisher spotlight, the regular focus on the Horror resources you can use all year long, plus plenty more surprises, and so many giveaways.
I will cross post here and on the horror blog 10/1, but we are exactly 2 weeks away and I wanted to remind you that I will be here, like always, to help you through the spooky season.
I hope to connect with you in person, virtually, or through the blog this Spooky Season.
If you want me to do a virtual event for you this Fall, reach out. I may still have some room.






No comments:
Post a Comment