RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Worth a Look: Shelf Renewal

<span class=

My friends and colleagues, Karen and Rebecca have started a great RA blog called Shelf Renewal. I love the concept of their blog. It is epitomized by a great tag line, "Nobody puts backlist in a corner."

Readers of this blog know how much I push for the backlist-- all of those great titles we have on the library shelves from days gone by, that are just waiting to be read. Well, Shelf Renewal takes the backlist and lets it shine in the spotlight.

This blog will take popular trends, tv shows, movies etc... and give you "dusties," older titles that are great readalikes for today's hottest issues and ideas. Click here for their full mission statement/manifesto.

I would have mentioned their new endeavor anyway, but they also made me their "Web of Crush of the Week." I get to hold the "title" until this Friday when they name a new one. I am very honored.

Thanks Rebecca and Karen for mentioning RA for All and for creating such a useful blog for librarians and readers. I have already signed up for the RSS feed. Have you? I am excited to see where Shelf Renewal takes its authors and readers.

No comments: