RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Black History Month For All

I know black history month ends tomorrow, but for those of you who meant to read a book by an African American author, here is a site that you can use all year long. Called, White Readers Meet Black Authors, this blog is:
"Your official invitation into the African American section of the bookstore! A sometimes serious, sometimes light-hearted plea for EVERYBODY to give a black writer a try"
This site is chocked full of useful information. But more importantly, I love the tone of the blog. Many white readers are hesitant to ask for help finding African American authors, but here is a resource asking you to ask. I love it!  My only quibble is that she should add "library" after bookstore.

Don't forget the BPL's annotated lists for Black History Month which I posted about here.


Thanks to Rebecca over at Shelfrenewal for pointing out this site.

And finally, a special note to my students...use this site if you are still trying to find a multicultural title for class.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I like Kim McLarin, Elizabeth Nunez, and Trisha R. Thomas, among others!