RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, May 17, 2010

BPL Book Club News and My Upcoming Patron Training...Free and Open to the Public!

It is the third Monday of the month and a little later today my book discussion group will be meeting to talk about The Housekeeper and the Professor  by Yoko Ogawa, which, if you want I teaser, I wrote about here.

As I prepare for our meeting today, I noticed these nice words over on Book Group Buzz from Ted Balcom about "Boosting Book Clubs in Berwyn." Ted lists some of the resources I have highlighted on our current "Book Club Favorites" display.

 But, as I commented on Ted's post, I also want to let everyone out there know that the good job we are doing with our book clubs here at Berwyn goes back to Ted's influence. Ted taught me how to lead a book club when I was in library school. So thanks for the solid foundation Ted.

Checkout the post to get some links to energize your book club. And just read Book Group Buzz in general. I subscribe to the RSS feed.

If you want to come and see me live (and for free) talking to actual book club participants about how to energize your book club, come and see me on May 25th at 7pm at the Fremont Public Library District in Mundelein, IL. Click here to register.

If you cannot make it, remember, the presentation materials will be available here in the coming days.

No comments: