RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Edgar Winners 2010

In case you missed the announcement elsewhere, here is the list of the Edgar Winners (one of my favorite genre awards):
My personal opinions on these winners?
  • At our last staff meeting, Connie book talked The Last Child and I immediately got it on audio. It is ready to go on my i-pod as soon as I finish The Big Year
  • I love Otto Penzler's editing work; he picks great stories and essays from a wide range of authors and always manages to seamlessly combine them into one work. I would also recommend his Black Lizard Big Book of Pulps.
  • Columbine has been racking up the awards for a year now, but I just can't get myself to read it. The topic is too heart-breaking to me.
  • You go Peter Abrahams. This is an author I really like. Haven't read his YA title, but I may give it a try now.
Click here to go to the Edgar site to see all of the nominees.

2 comments:

Dave Cullen said...

Thanks for the shoutout about the Edgars and my book (Columbine), Becky.

I understand your reticence. A lot of people share it, and I shed quite a few tears writing it. But there are some surprisingly uplifting aspects to it, too: so many people overcoming tragedy in extraordinary ways.

If you read the first two pages, it might surprise you. (The opening line: "He told them he loved them.") Another option for dipping in a toe is checking out the 3-minute book trailer at
There's lots more info at my Columbine site. It will give you a good sense of the book.

Let me know if you do get a chance to plunge in.

Thanks.

Becky said...

Dave, I have put the audiobook on hold at my library. If the author himself is asking me to try it, I will.

I will post about it after I read it. Fair enough?

You are welcome