RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, August 27, 2010

News in Fantasy and Science Fiction

As I was going through my regular daily list of the 45 or so blogs I follow via RSS feed every day, I noticed a few that deal with SF and FSY that I thought were worth passing on today.
  • Click here for the just released list of this year's nominees for the World Fantasy Awards.
  • Click here for Jeff VanderMeer's Amazon.com interview with the head editor of Publisher's Weekly's SF, FSY, and Horror reviews, Rose Fox. They talk about her blog Genreville, which I check daily. For the record, VanderMeer is also nominated for one of this year's World Fantasy Awards.
  • i09 has this great essay entitled, "Fictional Science 101: Important Scientific Ideas That Inform Science Fiction." It breaks down the scientific theories that most commonly pop up in SF novels and stories. The essay also includes further reading suggestions. I may add this essay to the list of my student's required reading for their SF class. I know for sure that I will be sharing this with my coworkers too. If you even have a passing interest in SF, read this essay.

No comments: