RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, November 12, 2010

New Historical Fiction for 2011

The Adult Reading Round Table steering committee had its planning meeting for our 2011 programming last week, and among other decisions, we picked our new genre for a two year genre study.  By popular demand, it will be Historical Fiction.

Interestingly, I was also contacted to provide a three hour historical fiction training for librarians in April of 2011. Historical fiction seems to be very hot right now. At least in the circles I travel.

A few weeks ago I had this post about the blog Reading the Past.  From my valuable RSS feed of the blog I also got this link to the forthcoming historical fiction titles of note.  It lists titles through August.

So if you are one of the many readers clamoring for historical fiction, here is what you have to look forward to.

For the record, the most popular pre-pub historical fiction at my library right now is the new Jean Auel book, The Land of Painted Caves, which is not even due to come out until 3/29/11.  I took my first hold for it in back in June!

Look for more from me on historical fiction in the coming months.  With the genre study and my presentation in April, I think I will focus on historical fiction in my own work in 2011.  I will share all of my work product here, including an overview in April. I will probably do a display at the BPL some time this spring too. After the last 18 months immersed in horror, it will be a big, but fun, shift.

All posts about historical fiction, past, present, and future can be accessed by clicking here.

No comments: