RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Movie Trailers for Literary Adaptations Coming Soon

There are a lot of movies based on beloved books coming out in the next few months.  I wanted to higlight a few of the trailers here.

I will begin with the best first.  I loved Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.  I devoured it.  It is a book that has stayed with me over time.  I generally stay away from the movie version of books which I care for this deeply; however, even this movie trailer made me cry.



Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close opens on Christmas Day.

A few other noteworthy book to movie adaptations I want to mention are the much anticipated One for the Money based on the novel by Janet Evanovich and Johnny Depp in The Rum Diaries by Hunter S. Thompson. Use the link to see them and read more.

Finally, on a personal note, one of my favorite books I read last year, The Big Year: A Tale of Man, Nature, and Fowl Obsession by Mark Obmascik is being made into a movie.



Also, please don't forget that Early Word keeps an extensive Book-Movie adaptation database here.

No comments: