RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Vacation Reading: Your Suggestions Wanted

I plan to have a review up before I go to bed tonight, although that may be tricky since my daughter is having 4 friends sleep over for her birthday party. But that's the plan for now.

Anyway, I am beginning to get ready for my vacation later this month which means I am picking out the books to bring.  I already have the ARCs I got of Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead and The Red House by Mark Haddon, both which I have saved because they involve family vacations.  And even though they are brand new titles, since I have the ARCs, they are paperbacks and great for travel with a husband, 2 kids, and lots of beach gear.

But I have room for two more books.  So, start the suggestions coming.  I will take any and all suggestions but please note, I have read quite a few new books recently and I would really love a backlist suggestion.  Also, I could use some good nonfiction suggestions.

Leave your suggestions in the comments, or if you are shy, email me.  And thanks in advance.

4 comments:

Gloria Drake said...

"A Vintage Affair" by Isabel Wolff (chick lit with substance); "Blame" by Michelle Huneven (contemp lit); and "The Weird Sisters"by Eleanor Brown (Contemp lit). Each is great in its own way. Enjoy.

Gloria Drake said...

Suggest "A Vintage Affair" by Isabel Wolff (chick lit w/substance); "The Weird Sisters" by Eleanor Brown; and "Blame" by Michelle Huneven (both contemp lit). Each is great in its own. Enjoy. And don't forget "The Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness!

Becky said...

I read Discovery of Witches last year. Loved it. The others look good. Thanks

Mamie said...

"The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating" a memoir by Elizabeth Tovah Bailey (short and sweet). "Wife 22" by Melanie Gideon (good beach read). "The Paris Wife" by Paula McLain. "Death of a Writer" by Michael Collins (mystery).