- Over on RA for All Horror, you can get a link here to a free book by dark fiction writer Robert Dunbar.
- Over on The Millions: Staff writers Janet Potter and Edan Lepucki often read (and enjoy) the same books, and like almost everyone else in the world, they found Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn to be a fun, engrossing, and thought-provoking novel, worthy of the attention it’s getting. They decided to read Flynn’s two previous novels, Sharp Objects and Dark Places, and discuss all three books via email. Below is their conversation about the author and her books. Subjects include: murder, milk, Pinterest boards, and camp (the aesthetic, not sleep-away).
- Also on The Millions, they have this interview with graphic journalist Joe Sacco, one of my personal favorites. They have an interesting discussion about how journalists "tell a story."
- Here are some 50 Shades infographics from Galley Cat.
- New Hobbit Trailer!
- There is still time to sign up to see me interview Erin Morgenstern in Oswego, IL, click here for details. In the meantime, take a look at this post she did about where she writes for Book Riot.
- The Guardian UK has a previously unpublished essay by the late, great Agatha Christie in which she talks about the state of detective fiction.
- The Lawrence (KS) Public Library posted this visual "If You Liked Winter's Bone" chart. It reminded me of the list of Rural Noir reads a former student of mine did back in December of 2011.
- Book Page's 7 questions interview with Historical Romance titan, Eloisa James. Even I have read and enjoyed James, and I am not the biggest romance fan.
- And finally, participate in the Moby Dick Big Read by listening to a chapter a day read by famous people. You can hear the people behind it talking about the project on NPR using this link. I will be revisiting this project in the next Monday Discussion too.
StokerCon 2018 Report - Horror legend Ramsey Campbell and editor Don D'Auria in the hotel lobbyI spent 2/28-3/4 in Providence at StokerCon 2018 in the Biltmore Hotel. I was the or...
1 week ago