RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

National Book Awards

Due to the temporary self imposed blog rules I had to wait to post this.  I realize I am the last one, but here are the winners of the National Book Award:


2012 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD WINNERS:

2012 NBA Winners
Young People's Literature: 
William Alexander
, Goblin Secrets
(Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing)
Poetry:
David FerryBewilderment: New Poems and Translations(University of Chicago Press) 
Nonfiction:
Katherine BooBehind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity
(Random House)
Fiction:
Louise Erdrich, The Round House (Harper, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers)

Congrats to the winners. 

On a personal note, I have always wanted to read Louise Erdrich and have never gotten around to her.  Between this book's great reviews and having a student this semester who loves Erdrich, I think Round House might be the title that gets me moving on that front.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I just finished "The Round House." It was my first book by Erdrich, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't think I would, but I did.

Becky said...

Great to hear. I just put a hold on the audio myself.