RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Brits on The Great American Novel

Readers of this blog know I love a good knock-out round of "best" books or authors. Along with my Death Brackets this past Fall, I have also been a long time proponent of The Morning News' Tournament of Books which runs each March.  You can click here to see the official preview with finalists for 2013.

So you can imagine my interest being piqued by this post on the Guardian's Books Blog-- a tourney which is "looking for the greatest American novelist of the last 100 years."  The link is to the first half of the first round.

I will keep you posted on this tourney as it goes on.  I am very interested to see the Brit pick of the best American novelist and the reasons why.  I feel like I am part of a pseudo-anthropological study.

I figured if I found it interesting, someone else out there might too.

No comments: