- I love this "Women to Watch in 2013" post from The Book Case. I am especially excited for Helene Wecker's The Golem and the Jinni which is getting rave reviews all over the place. It is being touted as a great readalike for fans of The Night Circus.
- The Book Case also posted the link to the NEA's list of the 15 most fearless female literary characters. Their post also includes a link to their favorite female heroines at the bottom.
- One of my favorite current female heroines is Maisie Dobbs. Jacqueline Winspear brings her back on March 18th with a new novel, Leaving Everything Most Loved. Check out Book Club Girl who is having a monthlong celebration of all things Maisie, including book giveaways and an interview with Winspear.
- Speaking of Maisie, she appears in this 2010 post I did about the best female detectives.
- Rhapsody in Books has this post about Women's History Month.
- Thanks to The New Yorker's Book Blog, I found the web site Vida: Women in the Literary Arts whose mission states: "VIDA seeks to explore critical and cultural perceptions of writing by women through meaningful conversation and the exchange of ideas among existing and emerging literary communities."
Check out a link or two this month. Feel free to add more to the comments as you find them.