- Yes, I know Dan Brown's Inferno came out this week, but my stack of copies will be out on holds for the next 9 months (at least) so while they wait, here is the BPL's If You Like Dan Brown readalike list.
- Just in time, USA Today ran this gift guide for graduates that goes beyond the obvious choices.
- The rise of the one word title from the Barnes and Noble Blog.
- The video of John Green's commencement speech at Butler University.
- Haruki Murakami's new book is doing well in Japan.
- From Criminal Element a very interesting essay entitled "Who Reads What: Thrillers, Mysteries and Gender Lines." This is really worth your time if you help any readers at the public desk, since a large portion of them ask for crime fiction.
- I have talked in the past about resources for finding some of the best long form journalism here. To add to that discussion, here is a post from Book Riot, "7 Great Articles That Became Books."
- Teen lit is not all doom and gloom. Don't believe me? Check out this list of "Feel Good YA" from YALSA's The Hub.
Before I go, just some scheduling notes, book club meets on Monday and I plan to concentrate on reviews next week as well. I also have a backlog of horror titles that need reviewing over on the horror blog. I know reviews are among my most popular posts, so be on the look out for more.
Have a nice weekend.