RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Are You Ready For Some Football...Books?

I know I am not the only one-- librarian or patron-- who is psyched that tonight marks the beginning of FOOTBALL!!!!

There are lots of us out there, men and women, who love the NFL.  Take me for instance.  I spent my high school years at just about every NY Giants home game (and a few away ones) and now as an adult living in Chicago, I am a Bears season ticket holder. This weekend I get to go to a game live and still get home in time to see the Giants on TV.

I am also in a few different football pools and one long standing, fairly competitive fantasy football league.

Again, I am not alone.  The NFL only runs for a few months, but it generates huge interest, ratings, and dollars.  A visitor to Chicago during any season would be hard pressed not to see at least a handful of people sporting Bears clothing or accessories.

So take advantage of all of this interest and get a quickie display up this weekend.  Here are some lists and ideas to help you:

This should be enough for you to make a nice display.  Mix up the fiction and nonfiction and throw in a few movies if you can. This link will take you to the IMDB list of the 642 movies and TV shows that have the keyword "american-football." You are bound to have a few at your library.

Then, sit back and watch the displayed items fly off the shelves as excitement builds for a new season of the NFL.

No comments: