RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Crime Fiction Genre Study Update and a New Mystery Webinar

A week from tomorrow the ARRT Crime Fiction Genre Study will be meeting to finish out our look at Thrillers with Adventure, Crime/Caper, and [my fav] Supernatural.  For those of you following along at home, here is the link to the assignment.

I have spent most of the morning gathering all of my notes, info, and research to lead the meeting next week.  Since these are all plot heavy, over the top subgenres, I have been having a great time. Truth be told I might be having too much fun for a Wednesday at the service desk.

I also just posted Stacey's assignment for April on the Genre Study website-- Suspense and Romantic Suspense.  I think this was the hardest assignment list for us to make as the authors in the suspense category are all so popular, and we did not want to cut anyone at first.  But, we worked together to consciously make the list of authors representative of the full range of what the Suspense genre has to offer.

Finally, while we are on the subject of Crime Fiction, I also wanted to point out that I have posted the slides for my brand new Mystery webinar coming on 2/3 with Maine State Library.  You have to sign up with them to access the webinar, but the slides can be seen by anyone here.

Much of what I included is in response to the discussions we had in the early days of the Crime Fiction Genre Study too.

I hope these links help you to help you crime readers.

No comments: