RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

RA for All Guest Post Time

It is time for me to take a break and enjoy family and friends, but I didn’t want to leave you all in the lurch while I was gone.  Also, even I get sick of only hearing only my ideas all the time. So, from now through August 1, it is guest postapolooza here on RA for All. [which is extra punny because Lollapalooza is here in Chicago during this stretch of time.]

I solicited guest posts from you, my readers, and asked some colleagues directly to share some of their thoughts and expertise with you all.

But before we begin with the new guest posts today, I wanted to acknowledge some of the guest posts I have featured over the last 9 years of RA for All!

I never thought I would have that many guest posts, a fact I came to understand all to clearly as I was preparing this post and I realized, I never tagged any of those posts “guest post.” Don’t worry, I spent 45 minutes fixing that problem, and now all you have to do is click the tag "guest post" here or in the right gutter to pull them all up.

Word of warning, many of these people do not work at the same places they did back when they contributed a guest post, so please keep that in mind. But with the passage of time there are also some wonderful gems to find in the tag, like one of Leah White’s very first written pieces about merchandising in libraries, a topic she has gone on to share all over the country. Or, my former intern Elizabeth, now ARRT Steering Committee member and Asst. Head of Adult Services at her library, talking about being a brand new librarian [she is now the Assistant Head of Adult Services at her library].

I purposely did not link to the above teased posts by the way. I want you to click here and use the guest post tag to find some words of wisdom from those who have shared their expertise here on the blog before. Discover it for yourself.

And then sit back and wait for a new post from a different person for the next week and a half. I know I learned a lot by reading through these posts as I was scheduling them for you. They are worth your time. I hope you keep visiting while I am on vacation.

Also, thanks to all of my contributors, now, in the past, and to come in the future. If you think you have something worth sharing here on RA for All, contact me and we can talk about it.  I am always interested in hearing what people are doing to help their readers out there.

No comments: