RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, September 8, 2016

31 Days of Horror is Coming-- What Do You Want To See?

Each October I run a blog-a-thon on my horror blog, RA for All: Horror, posting at least once a day, every day.  Most of the year the horror blog serves more as a reference source for all things horror for public libraries with limited posts but extensive indexes and archives that can be used to help your horror readers all year long.

But in October, I pull out all the stops. I know that October is the time that all of you library workers are fielding the most horror questions, so I pile on the posts to help you look like a RA superstar in your biggest time of need.

I have a lot planned for you already including but not limited to:

  • a brand new horror debuts list
  • numerous guest posts by horror authors describing why they love horror
  • updates about resources, trends, and publishers
  • a three day series on one of the biggest trends in horror right now-- African horror complete with a guest post by one of the subgenre’s hottest authors.
  • interviews, reviews, and lots of giveaways-- I have stacks of books that publishers have been sending me and I want all of you to enjoy them for yourselves and your collections.
But before every day is filled up I wanted to make sure I asked you, the library worker in the trenches helping readers, what you want to see on the blog. Since this blog gets more eyes on it daily, it seemed like the best place to ask the question-- What information would be most helpful to you during 31 Days of Horror?

I am also interested in guest posts by library workers-- both those who love horror and those who are a bit frightened by it. Contact me if you want to write me a post about your personal experiences with horror, a favorite book or author, a great display you made and/or a story about helping horror patrons. Email me and let me know what you want to share with the larger library world related to horror readers.

This blog-a-thon is for you. I do it to help you. Highlighting the good work of libraries out in the world is extremely helpful to all of my readers. So please, brag about yourself. Share your successes. Let us all know. The more we help each other, the easier it is for everyone and the better service our readers get no matter where they live.

I would need your post by October 7th to be included in the blog-a-thon.

No comments: