RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

RA for All Roadshow: Chicago Public Library Suspense and Psychological Suspense Mini-Genre Study

Today I will be spending the afternoon at the Harold Washington Library Center branch of the Chicago Public Library, training staff from across the the entire CPL system by leading a mini genre study on suspense and psychological suspense.

What I love about this training is that I am not only there to lead a conversation and discussion with these front line library workers on two of their most requested genres, but I am also training them on how to keep these trainings going without me.


I will demonstrate a model of how they can help each other stay up to date on different genres and then they will pass that knowledge on in their service to patrons. Nothing makes me prouder of my work than this, when I am able to pass on my expertise so that more staff and patrons can benefit.


While this will be a brand new presentation, created just for the staff at CPL, it is heavily based on the work I did as the leader of the two year, ARRT Crime Fiction Genre Study in 2014 and 2015.


The slides are open to all, but be warned they are merely conversation starters since there are only 16 slides and we have 4 hours of discussion planned. Click here or on the slide below.


Don’t forget, I can come to your library too. 2016 is closed to bookings, but there are plenty of 2017 openings still available. Contact me for details.


Slides

No comments: