RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Thankful For All of Us And Everything We Do

Today is the last day I am posting this week so that I can spend time with my family. But before I go, I wanted to take a moment to let you know how thankful I am for all of you.

Seriously, my readers are great. You not only read this blog, you give the things I talk about here a try, and let me know how it works out. Not a week goes by that I do not receive an email or a DM from a reader who I helped. Sometimes it's advice to writers on who to work with their local libraries, or it's a Call to Action you took on, or a project I inspired you to give a try. Sometimes it's as simple as an outside the box book suggestion.

But, while I appreciate that I help you, why I am thankful for all of you is because you use what I suggest to improve the library experience for your leisure readers. You are out there showing patrons exactly how helpful the library can be to fulfill their wants [not just their needs], how they can be entertained easily, and all for no charge beyond their taxes. You have all created legions of library supporters who are so thankful for us.

I am supplying the training and ideas but all of you are spreading the message of how to help leisure readers. For this, your work, your willingness to try new things, and your commitment to inclusive collections, suggestions, and displays, all of this is what I am most thankful for.

Keep up the good work. All of you. Every little thing you do to improve your patrons' experience in their libraries is worth celebrating.

I hope during this Thanksgiving holiday [here in America] you get to enjoy some time to relax, reflect, and hopefully, read. [I plan to read Washington Black by Esi Edugyan for fun and the forthcoming The Bird King by G. Willow Wilson [3/19] for review in Booklist.]

Back on Monday 11/26, as we begin the push to the end of the year.

No comments: