RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, August 7, 2020

Today is the LibraryReads In Conversation: Actively Anti-Racist Readers' Advisory

A few weeks ago I announced this event here. But a reminder, it is happening TODAY!!!! 2-4 pm central

While it might be too late to register, there will be a recording and I will add the link to this post and also on my Recent and Upcoming Presentations page as soon as it is available.


I am very excited to transition from lecturing you all about how and why you need to do RA with a EDI lens to the having a conversation with my colleagues about it and then including you. We are doing 1 hour of chatting and 1 hour of answering your questions. We want to know where you need help as we all try to be actively antiracist in our service to leisure reading patrons- from collection assessment to collection development to RA Service. Every stage will be covered by myself, Robin, and Annabelle. 

Also, we are purposefully NOT using slides in order to make this as conversation based as possible, but I did want to provide a link to the latest version of my slides for my 90 minute #OwnVoices for All Readers: Incorporating EDI  Values Into RA Service because these slides are filled with links where you can get more information on things I will bring up throughout the conversation.

I hope you can join us live or through the recording later as we talk frankly about a topic that has been ignored for FAR TOO LONG.

No comments: