RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Flashback Friday: Attack of the Best Lists from Years Gone By

As I prepare to gather up my personal list of the best books I read this year, I thought it would be fun to go back and look at the previous 4 years of best lists I have compiled for this blog.

It is hard to believe I have been at this for that long, but I do indeed have lists beginning in 2007.

So for today's Flashback Friday let's look back at the 40 best books I have read in the last 4 years. [Remember, these books could have come out in any year, my criteria is simply that I read it in the year it made my "best" list.]
From the RA standpoint, I want to remind you that any older "best" lists (mine included) are a great resource for helping your patrons to find their next good read.  These are books that were considered great only a few years ago.  So while your patrons are waiting for their turn to read The Art of Fielding or State of Wonder, which are both topping most of this year's best lists, why not have them try the best books they missed 1, 2, or even 3 years ago.  They are still just as good.

No comments: