RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

What It Means to Be a "Readers' Advisor"

One of the most common questions I get is, "What exactly does it mean to be a Readers' Advisor?"

People want to know what I do and what I teach my students. Obviously this blog is one way I explain the nuances of RA work in American public libraries. I try to share my experience both as a practicing librarian and as a teacher of future librarians.

However, there are thousands of more RAs out there trying to spread the RA gospel like me. Over at the Readers' Advisor Online Blog, Sarah Statz Cords has a 2 part interview with Jane Jorgenson, a RA at the Madison (WI) Public Library System. Click here for part 1, and here for part 2.

The interview looks at the past, present, and future of RA service. Anyone who enjoys this blog will also like this interview.

No comments: