RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

USA Today's New Expanded Book Coverage

As I read in this article, the USA Today, long the home of the most useful bestseller list in America, has finally created an online home for book coverage.

Yes, there are reviews, but there is also now the Book Buzz Blog, a section with "News, Trends, and Interviews," and a Features section.

The limited books coverage had previously only been a part of the larger Life section.  But with http://books.usatoday.com, there is now a go-to place for everything books in its own place.

I do want to comment that this new site is just a start.  I was upset to see that the blog does not, as of yet, have RSS feed access (I even tried to manually enter the url), and many of the page's sections are not hyperlinked to their own pages.  However, I am hoping that these problems will be fixed soon and that the site will get more user friendly soon.

I'll keep you posted. For now though, it is worth a stop as you are browsing for book info for you or your patrons.

No comments: