RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, December 9, 2011

The Blogs I Follow via RSS Feed

Yesterday when I was giving my talk to RASSL and I hit Rule 6: Read about books (RSS feeds), I do as I always do and mention the key blogs I think anyone who is helping leisure readers should be getting an RSS feed on:
They also wanted to know about a few more.  In fact, this is a question I get often, "What RSS feeds do you subscribe to?" I normally do not like forcing my personal preferences on others, but I have received this question often enough that I feel I should share it.

So here is a list of many (not all) of the other blogs and web pages for which I get the RSS feed.
I check these feeds, among a bunch of others, daily.  Some days I only read the headlines and "mark all as read," while other days, I read much of the content in detail.  The point is, I log into one place (my Google Reader), and the information comes to me.  I don't have to hunt and peck for anything.  I have no excuse NOT to be informed.

Why not make it your New Year's Resolution to do a better job on staying up on the latest news in the book world?  Subscribing to the feeds for these resources is the easiest way to do that.

No comments: