RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Updated 10 Rules of Basic RA Service

I have updated the page which lists "Becky's Ten Rules of Basic RA Service" in preparation of the wrap-up class tonight and my appearance at South Holland (IL) Public Library where I am doing a training for RASSL.

RASSL is a group of south suburban Chicago reference librarians who work to encourage the sharing of resources and information among member libraries.

I am happy to help them in this endeavor.  I also love these shorter more hands on presentations.  It really becomes a collaborative experience.  I know I leave recharged to help patrons, and I have heard from other libraries that I have left their staff invigorated too.

I do provide this 90 minute program (75 of presentation plus 15 for Q and A) frequently at library in-service days.  Since it is a shorter program, I tend to only do it locally, but it is a great learning opportunity for all library staff.  It is geared to any library staff member who has ever helped a patron to find a leisure reading title.  So, if you work in a library, I would say you qualify.

From page to director, this program is a combination of hands on activities, tips, tricks, and resources which I have used to great success.  I do update it every single time I give the lecture too.  For example, the 10 Rules now have a brand new Rule 10-- Bridging the Physical-Virtual Divide.

I am currently booking into the second quarter of 2012.  I am booked through April, but if you have an in-service to plan from May-December of 2012 contact me for dates and rates.

No comments: