RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

RA Links Round-Up

It's a holiday week and I am off the desk until Monday, home with the kids, and preparing for a 10th Birthday sleepover party, which all adds up to the fact that I have lots of interesting things piling up in my various inboxes and not enough time to write a post on each.  So....here is the short version.  Click on what you want, ignore what you don't.  And, feel free to add your own links to the comments.

  • First a gentle reminder that I have a horror blog too.  I post on RA for All: Horror at least 2x a week.  Recently, I have had this post on Hug a Monster Day and this one on an upcoming Horror Writers Association Roundtable discussion about Ray Bradbury.
  • Try as I might, I do not like the fiction of Lev Grossman.  On paper I should, but in reality I do not.  However, I do enjoy following his posts as a Time Magazine entertainment blogger.  Take this one where he reviews 7 books, speed dating style.  I can relate, I am months behind on my book reviews.
  • Still looking for a book to read on your summer vacation? Readers Advisor Online is still compiling a list of summer reading lists.
  • It's old news now, but as I said, I am behind on the links I wanted to post about.  The first Will Eisner Award for libraries was given out at ALA.  Click here for Graphic Novel Reporters coverage.
  • Check out this closed Wal-Mart that was turned into a public library.
  • Sue Polanka posted her report on the E-Books collection development panel that she was part of at ALA.  It includes their slides.
  • Because I am probably the only blogger in the word who has not linked to J.K. Rowling's new book cover.
  • Amazon's Best Books of the Year So Far is out.  Even better there are editors picks by genre.  Even even better, Gone Girl is on the list.  Did I mention Gillian Flynn will be that the BPL on 7/11?  Technically, all slots are filled, but you can email me to get on the wait list.  We will fill the room, so if someone doesn't show, there is at least a chance that you can get in.  Also, we will allow people who show up the chance to get their books signed as people begin to filter out.
Stay cool.

No comments: