RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Booker Award or How They Made One of My Favorite Awards Boring


Manbooker official logoReally.  I get it.  The Booker people like Hilary Mantel.  But did she really need to win again?

Not only has no woman ever won twice, but never has a sequel won after the first one also won.

I don't know about you, but I usually love this award because it exposes me to authors who are very good but maybe not well known all over the world.  I also enjoyed how they usually do not repeat authors.  Once Mantel won, she is always a Booker award winning author.  She doesn't need another one. Give me someone new, please.

Also, enough with the Tudors already people.

But that's juts me being crabby.

*******ADDITION TO ORIGINAL POST*******

I am not the only one irked about this.

No comments: