RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Game of Thrones Episode by Episode Readalikes

As I have mentioned on this blog before, one of the projects I am working on is a list of readalikes for the fans of George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones TV series on HBO and A Song of Ice and Fire book series.

I am currently in the gathering sources and idea stage of the brochure, but something that struck me as extreme useful and interesting is this ongoing series of posts on the NoveList Blog where Lisa Schimmer takes each episode of Season 3, summarizes it, and then gives episode by episode read and watch alike suggestions.  This is the link for episode 2, but it has a link to the first episode too.  A quick peek back here every so often should give you new ideas and suggestions.

I think these are a bit too specific for my more general readalike brochure, but it is a very cool option to have for your hard core Martin fans.

Also, don't forget the BPL's A Song of Ice and Fire reading map.  It is chock full of links and suggestions.

Have a nice weekend.

No comments: