RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

NoveList RA News: Working With Teens [read this even if you think you don’t need to]

The September issue of NoveList RA News is up here and it is all about working with teens.

If you do not work with teens as part of your daily responsibilities please pay special attention to Audrey Barbakoff’s excellent piece entitled, Readers Advisory to Teen: An Adult Services Librarian Guide.

I have been there.  Even before I had to quickly shift from being an adult services RA librarian to an adult and teen services librarian, I regularly helped teens identify leisure reading titles at the adult RA desk.  I had to fly by the seat of my pants back then, but a lot of what Audrey has to say worked for me too. 

So if nothing else, as you ease back into the short work week, take a quick look at the entire issue of RA News, but in particular, Audrey’s piece.

No comments: