RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

RA for All Roadshow: Recharge Your Book Club Visits Fountaindale Public Library District

This afternoon I will be in Bolingbrook, IL  at the Fountaindale Public Library District doing book club leader training with the staff of a few libraries.

What I am most excited about here is that I am normally asked to give book discussion training to larger groups of library workers from dozens of libraries at once. This smaller gathering of only a few libraries from a small radius creates new opportunities for more targeted training.

While we will begin with an updated version of my popular “Recharge Your Book Club” program, I am also going to be working with these staffs to address their specific concerns and issues pertaining to their patrons and their community. I am excited to help them begin to put my plan for having dynamic and successful book discussion groups into action.

If you are interested in this more personalized and intensive training for your staff who lead book discussions, contact me about coming to your library.

I also have a very popular training for patrons who host book discussions in their homes which I can present at your library. This is a great way to identify who in your community is participating in book clubs and engage them in conversation about how the library can help.

You can also combine the two trainings [staff and patrons] in one afternoon-evening session for a lower price. Again, contact me for details.

But back to my visit to Fountaindale. Here is the link to the slides for the first part of today’s presentation. Part two will be between me and the gathered library workers.

No comments: