RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

What I'm Reading: Quick Reviews Now on Goodreads

As my official reviewing jobs increase, I have less time to write longer reviews of the books I read “just for fun" here on the blog.

A lot of that has more to do with the time it takes to format and post than it does for how long it take to get the thoughts down. The books I have read for fun that I spend time to write a full post for usually have another reason, like my recent review of River of Teeth which allowed me to write about the re-emergence of the Western.

Today, I spent some updating my Goodreads reviews with detailed appeal notes and readalikes that read like a draft version of a full post here on the blog. It's all the same info with less of the polish. But in reality, as you do your job, all you need is the info. I also link back to the blog for more detailed information where appropriate.

I know many of you use my blog to find good suggestion options for harder to help patrons, so I have come up with a solution to make sure I get the info you need out to you in a more timely manner.

From now on, I will update Goodreads with these draft reviews and then post those updates here on the blog. That means you can use both the blog and my Goodreads to see all of my content. For those who didn't know, when there is a full review on the blog, my Goodreads review simply links you here. This also means a keyword search for any title or author I have read, will show up for you easily.

Oh, and don't forget that the horror specific reviews are not only posted on both blogs, but there is an index by author last name here. That is a unique niche that I serve, and I take my place as the library world’s horror expert seriously.

I am hoping that this solution, while not perfect, will be able to help the most people help more readers and allow me to give my paid reviews which appear in professional sources AND here on the blog, the attention they deserve.

Okay here we go:

Click on the titles for quick reviews of these titles on my Goodreads shelf:

No comments: