RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, February 23, 2018

RA for All Roadshow Visits Omaha Public Library

Today I am in Omaha, NE. I have been very excited about this program for a while. First because I have never been to Nebraska, but second, because Erin and Amy, with whom I designed this training, have worked very hard to get their staff primed, ready, and eager to change the way they serve their leisure readers. They have also invited area library workers, so we will have a few others joining us at  the University of Nebraska Omaha Community Engagement Center.

Today I am presenting the following schedule:

  • RA for All Signature Training. This is where I take the participants’ love of reading and use that as the springboard to get them excited about serving all leisure readers. It follows my 10 Rules of Basic RA Service.
  • Booktalking: Harnessing the Power of Sharing Books with Readers featuring a BRAND NEW book talk. The slides can be accessed here.
  • We are then going to do a working lunch, one of my new favorite added learning opportunities. When I offer this option I schedule 90 minutes for lunch with a 15 minute break after lunch. This gives me the chance to provide another book talk AND get the participants to book talk to each other a few more times. I cannot express how wonderful this small addition has been to the participants’ learning experience; they leave with more confidence in the skills we have started building together. This makes me so happy. I have had great feedback too.
  • We will end the day with my 2 genre programs, both of which have been recently revamped and these for today specifically have had a further update/refinement. 
That’s what we will be doing today. Whether you are joining us or not, you can access those slides. If you want me to come to your library, system, or conference, contact me. I am currently booking August 2018 and beyond. Click here to contact me and here to see sample programs and my rates.

No comments: