RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Library Reads 2017 Annual Report

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Library Reads. It’s hard to believe it is approaching its 5th Anniversary. I know I am constantly challenging all of us to make the program even better, but that is because I love it so much and I want us all to do the best we can. [Click here to pull up all of my Library Reads posts for more info.]

Click here to access from
LibraryReads Page
Yesterday, they released their Annual Report for 2017. You can click here to read it.

I also wanted to remind everyone about my extensive post with links and slides from the ALA Annual Library Reads 101 Program.

I seriously will not rest until every person who works in a library with adult readers participates in Library Reads. I know that is a goal I can never reach, but on the other hand, it means I won’t stop working toward it too.

It’s sorta like the goal I tell people when I come to their libraries-- “You can always do more to promote your collections and engage patrons because until every single one of your items are checked out at the same time, you still have more work to do!”

The point is, you can always do more, you can always be better-- every single person. Strive to be better everyday. It makes life more fun and keeps you engaged. The more we are engaged as public library workers, the better our service to our patrons and our communities.

No comments: