RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

What I'm Reading: Horror for Fun, Not Pay

During my October Blog-a-Thon on the horror blog, I had reviews of some horror books I had read on my own time this past year. In order to make sure they also appear here on the general blog, I have   posted them today with links to my full Goodreads review.

Just because it is now November, that doesn't mean you can't read a good horror story. And all 5 of these are very good.
  • Fever Dream by Samanta Schweblin [magical realism, menacing atmosphere, harrowing]
    • translated by Megan McDowell
  • Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi [haunting, darkly humorous, compelling]
    • translated by Jonathan Wright
  • The Hunger by Alma Katsu [anxiety, multiple povs, riveting]
    • Genre Besides Horror: Historical Fiction
  • Destroyer by Victor LaValle [reimagining a classic, revenge, monsters- real and supernatural]
    • Genre Besides Horror: Literary Fiction
    • Format: Graphic Novel
  • Husk by Dave Zeltserman [unreliable narrator, thought provoking, anxiety]
    • Genre Besides Horror: Psychological Suspense [think if Paul Tremblay wrote Dexter-- use the link for more details]

No comments: