RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, January 24, 2019

RA for All Virtual Roadshow Returns to North Country Library System [NY] for Book Discussion Training

I always love when I get to work with people again, especially people I enjoyed working with the first time [which is most, but not all]. I am particularly happy to be working with Angela from North Country Library System again as not only was she wonderful to work with back in 2016, but we have stayed in touch and even met up a few times since at library conferences.

Last year Angela did a survey of her member libraries and asked them to tell her what training they wanted to see in 2019. She was pleasantly surprised to see "Book Discussion Training" at the top of the list, and it was clearly head and shoulders above anything else people wanted or needed.

So of course Angela contacted me immediately.

Long time readers of this blog know this, but it bears repeating, next to promoting horror, book clubs and helping library staff to be better book discussion leaders is one of my passions. And like with my work with horror RA, I have contributed some original ideas and concepts to the book discussion field, namely my "Leadership and Group Norms" which I discuss at length in every Book Discussion training [and in print here]. You can also pull them up here as a handy double sided handout.

So today is the first, and I already know not the last, Recharge You Book Club presentation of 2019.

This program works in person or as a webinar. When I do it in person, I often assign a book and after the 1 hour training we do an example book discussion together too.

But today is the webinar for my friends in Northern NY state. Slide access for them and all of you is right here. There are many other links throughout that presentation, including the aforementioned handout.

Click here for slide access

No comments: