RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

RA for All Road Show Returns to Spartanburg County [SC] Public Libraries

It is hard to believe I have been doing RA training and consulting full time for 4 years now. And it is even harder to believe that today I have my first return visit. Back in February of 2017, I visited Spartanburg County Public Libraries to do a train the trainer full day session for targeted staff from across their 11 branch system.

During the last 2 years they have had some staff turn over and wanted me to come back and do it all again. So today, we have a full slate of top to the minute RA training.  As always, the links below are for anyone, but will make the most sense to those who are attending today's session.

I would also like to note that my Demystifying Genre talk has had a complete overhaul with new authors, trends, and even genre updates, and I have a EDI statement at the beginning calling out how many covers total vs how many by own voices or International authors. And I made a color scheme change due to constructive criticism re accessibility issues.


9:30-11: RA for All: My signature training where I introduce the main concepts of RA Service by allowing the attendees to first reconnect with themselves as a reader.

11:15-12:30: Booktalking Your Way to the Friendliest Library in Town
1:30-2:45: Demystifying Genre for Adult and Teen Audiences:
3-4: Staying in Genre Shape
4-4:30: Q & A with Becky: You can ask me anything
  • I love adding this if there is time. And I often turn some of the better questions into blog posts after the fact.

No comments: