RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

RA for All Virtual Road Show Visits PCI Webinars

Later today I am doing my 60 minute webinar version of the RA for All signature program for a regular client, PCI. PCI provides affordable library training via webinars to libraries and library systems all over the country. I enjoy working for them because they have a high standard of product for their clients and they respect their professional presenters. I am not only paid a fair wage for these webinars, but if they get more views than expected, they pay me royalties.

Here is the link to the slides which are filled with many more links.

This program is where I introduce the concept of RA Service by giving library workers a chance to reconnect with their own personal love of reading. The general public thinks library workers sit around and read all day, but as we know, the truth is that we rarely have any time to read at all. Allowing library staff the chance to think about the books they truly enjoy and really think about why they love them, is a treat. But it is also great training. When library staff have the chance to connect with their own personal reading preferences, it not only make it easier for them to be able to assess the reading preferences of others, but it makes them more empathetic to the process. They understand how great it made them feel to connect with their reading loves, and they want to pass that good feeling on, even if the person in front of them likes books they personally don't enjoy.

It also connects every staff member, no matter their job in the organization, to our brand....books.

I have seen this method of training work wonders over the last 4-5 years. First with students, and now with library workers all over the world.

But I don't stop there. The second half of this signature program brings in some larger concepts of how the entire library can work together better both to improve staff satisfaction and patron experience-- in general and in relation to RA Service.

I love how the 60 minute time limit of the webinar format has forced me to boil down what is most important in my training programs. I still prefer to give this signature program in person because then I can interact with the group more [to personalize the message] and they can do a few exercises together, but I also know that I cannot be everywhere and, even more importantly, there are many libraries that cannot afford to bring me out. Through the webinar, I have also be able to bring this program to very rural areas where library staff cannot leave their buildings for training.

A version of this webinar is available for anyone to view right now. Click here for details. It is an affordable way [$59] for you to see what my training programs are all about too.

This is also a good reminder that if you contact me about coming to your library before the end of 2019, while I probably could not come until 2020, you will lock in 2019 pricing. Prices are going up a bit in January after not going up last year. All I need is a query email by 12/31/19 for that offer to stand.

Also there is currently this coupon circulating [pun intended].

Now, back to RA for All: The Webinar.

No comments: