RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

RA for All Virtual Roadshow Returns to NE Ohio for Recharge Your Book Club

This morning I am back with my new friends in the Northeast Ohio Regional Library System to do some Book Club training.

My Recharge You Book Club presentation is one of my favorites. I am proud of the presentation because I have brought something new and useful to the conversation-- my Group and Leadership Norms-- and I just love book clubs, both as a leader and as a participant; in fact, I will be participating in a Zoom book discussion for book discussion leaders tomorrow.

Speaking of Zoom book clubs, I have completely updated this presentation and will be discussing the differences when you do an in person vs virtual book club. But, I will say, book discussion groups may be one of our first chances to bring back in person programming in the future, since a book club needs to be 20 people or less and you can wear a mask while having people spread across a larger room.

Also, the skills are not very different when you lead on Zoom or in person, so brushing up how to  lead the best book clubs is a great activity.

There are many new examples and links since I hadn't given this presentation for awhile and yet, since I never stopped being in and/or leading book clubs, I had many new examples to add.

As always, the slides are open to all here or below.

Click here for slide access

No comments: